This is a unique position for candidates with strong background in driving software architecture, designing and implementing object-oriented systems with automated integration tests as part of the deliverable. As Senior Software Engineer at TOMRA you will be part of a highly skilled agile team that delivers innovative solutions for our growing offering of reverse vending machines. The technology stack includes application development on Linux using C++ and Qt, embedded systems, signal and image processing and control systems for mechatronics subsystems.
A Senior Software Engineer’s primary responsibility is:
- Design responsibility, according to standards, for a set of software modules / applications designated. This implies overall responsibility for models, internal architecture, interfaces and appropriate guidelines for design.
- To give advice and offer design reviews to all engineers working on modules of their responsibility, to ensure total long-term product quality and to keep the work up to specified standards.
- To arrange and attend workgroups with other engineers to establish architecture solutions for major tasks.
- To work in close collaboration with people from all different disciplines to ensure best possible overall system solutions.
- Strong background in driving software architecture, designing and implementing object-oriented systems with automated integration tests as part of the deliverable.
- At leats 5 years experience in Software development and multi-discipline system engineering.
- Preferebly MSc in software engineering or similar. Relevant experience may make up for an undergraduate degree.
- Able to work independently and take action when needed.
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Norwegian.
- Active and result-focused attitude.
A successful candidate enjoys working in a scrum-team, sharing knowledge and is obsessed with continuous improvement and challenging the status quo. We would like you to bring your experience from test driven development, continuous integration along with your architect skillset. A preference to work in an iterative approach with strong collaboration. You enjoy Agile software development.
Application deadline: Expired.
- Professional and fun challenges within a growing, market-leading technology company.
- A Great Place to Work: TOMRA was recently named the third best place to work in Norway in 2016.
- Great benefits including 6 weeks’ vacation, discounted stock purchase plan and a generous defined contribution pension.
- Excellent facilities that include a modern gym, free parking and our own cafeteria serving a healthy and varied lunch menu.
- Convenient location in Asker – close to Oslo, Drammen and Sandvika.
- Very good opportunities for professional development and competence building through participation in relevant training courses and seminars.
For further information, please contact Kristian Lennertzen, partner in Capus, phone: +47 916 16 073 or Nathalie Smulders, Researcher in Capus, phone: +47 470 83 841. Please use the URL “Søk på stillingen” to apply for this position.
Direkte til søknad
Senior Software Engineer
TOMRA was founded on an innovation in 1972 that began with design, manufacturing and sale of reverse vending machines (RVMs) for automated collection of used beverage containers. Today TOMRA has ~85,000 installations in over 80 markets worldwide and had total revenues of ~6.6 billion NOK in 2016. The Group employs ~3,400 globally, and is publicly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange. (OSE: TOM) The TOMRA Group continues to innovate and provide cutting-edge solutions for optimal resource productivity within two main business areas: Collection Solutions (reverse vending, material recovery) and Sorting Solutions (recycling, mining and food sorting). For further information about TOMRA, please see www.tomra.com