TOMRA now offers an opportunity for a key position in an international market leading technology organization. The new position as System Engineer at TOMRA will report to Vice President R&D Reverse Vending Technology (RVT). We are looking for a candidate with an overall view of the solutions that includes both HW and SW. The role will require close collaboration with other experts and focus on system architecture, requirements and product verification. The role will also include tasks such as innovation management, supporting technology managers in creating strategies for the different R&D diciplines, as well as having close dialogue with product owners and customers.
A System Engineer’s primary responsibility is:
In System Design Line function:
- Conduct system architect role and work in close collaboration with the Project Manager and other project members from all disciplines to ensure best possible system solution.
- Contribute in creating product- and project specifications.
- Ensure proficient management of product requirements, including verifications.
- Contribute to verification and test management.
- Contribute x-disiplinary to ensure quality deliveries from projects.
- Contribute to protection of TOMRA IPR and freedom to operate against patents.
- Develop, maintain and communicate a master system architecture for RVT products.
- Develop, maintain and communicate the module roadmap for the key RVT technology modules.
- Contribute to nurturing and management of the Innovation Framework in RVT.
- Contribute to management of TOMRA IPR portfolio.
- Propose improvements to products, services and ways-of-working.
- Propose research activities/pre-projects to ensure future attractivity of RVT products and services.
- Keep up-to-date on relevant technologies and technology trends.
- Maintain and develop a network towards TOMRA Collection Solutions markets/customers and key sub-suppliers/partners.
- Maintain and develop a network towards other TOMRA technology groups.
- Strong technical knowledge in relevant technologies (Hardware/Software).
- Ability to connect system architecture to discipline architecture and details that is easy to understand by both experts and non-expert stakeholders.
- Knowledge of all engineering disciplines and technology management.
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Norwegian.
- Preferebly MSc in SW/HW engineering or similar. Relevant experience may make up for an undergraduate degree.
- 5+ years experience in SW/HW development and multi-discipline system engineering.
- Strong technology interest with a business mindset.
- Able to work independently and take action when needed.
- Good relationship builder/good people skills.
- Active and result-focused attitude.
- Analytical, structured.
- Self-driven & outgoing.
Application deadline: Expired.
- Professional and fun challenges within a growing, market-leading technology company.
- A Great Place to Work: TOMRA was recently named the third best place to work in Norway in 2016.
- Great benefits including 6 weeks’ vacation, discounted stock purchase plan and a generous defined contribution pension.
- Excellent facilities that include a modern gym, free parking and our own cafeteria serving a healthy and varied lunch menu.
- Convenient location in Asker – close to Oslo, Drammen and Sandvika.
- Very good opportunities for professional development and competence building through participation in relevant training courses and seminars.
For further information, please contact Kristian Lennertzen, partner in Capus, phone: +47 916 16 073 or Nathalie Smulders, Researcher in Capus, phone: +47 470 83 841. Please use the URL “Søk på stillingen” to apply for this position.
Direkte til søknad
TOMRA was founded on an innovation in 1972 that began with design, manufacturing and sale of reverse vending machines (RVMs) for automated collection of used beverage containers. Today TOMRA has ~85,000 installations in over 80 markets worldwide and had total revenues of ~6.6 billion NOK in 2016. The Group employs ~3,400 globally, and is publicly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange. (OSE: TOM) The TOMRA Group continues to innovate and provide cutting-edge solutions for optimal resource productivity within two main business areas: Collection Solutions (reverse vending, material recovery) and Sorting Solutions (recycling, mining and food sorting). For further information about TOMRA, please see www.tomra.com