TOMRA is in the middle of a large international ERP project, integrating our international sales and service subsidiaries into one global IFS installation. They are now establishing a new position to support this project and the subsequent ongoing operation of the new global ERP installation. This person will be globally responsible for the ERP Service Platform and needs to be “hands on” in the ERP application.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Be chief architect for service processes within the Reverse Vending business stream, you have primary responsibility for making sure that these processes have a proper ERP support.
- Ensure that the service processes in IFS are integrated and work together with the other ERP processes, and initiate coordination activities where needed.
- Plan and follow up end-user training in the service area using e-learning where appropriate.
- Follow up error and change requests toward our supplier, coordinate and or perform test of patches and new code before they are delivered to the production environment.
- Be responsible for the basic data/core system setup for the service area of IFS.
- Participate in the TOMRA global governance structure for ERP related topics, with a service focus.
- Participate in second and third line service desk processes pertaining to ERP support.
- Monitor and resolve errors or stops in the service part of the system. Must be “hands on” in the system and able to make necessary changes/actions to keep the system running.
- Coordinate IFS change processes triggered by governmental regulations and customer demands for the service field.
- Support in implementation of IFS Service in new emerging markets.
- Support the “Service 2020” Initiative, that will include connecting the IOT solutions of TOMRA with the ERP systems.
- Bachelor or master's degree within technology or management.
- More than three years’ experience with ERP, and interest and competence for the field of service.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and Norwegian, ability to communicate professionally with both internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Keen attention to detail and meticulous follow-up skills.
- The candidate should be able to take initiative and work independently.
- Goal and result-oriented.
- Structured, analytic and good follow-through skills.
- Able to work independently and take action when needed.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work on problems of diverse scope.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, internal and external stakeholders.
Application deadline: Expired.
- Professional and fun challenges within a growing, market-leading technology company.
- A Great Place to Work: TOMRA was recently named the third best place to work in Norway in 2016.
- Great benefits including 6 weeks’ vacation, discounted stock purchase plan and a generous defined contribution pension.
- Excellent facilities that include a modern gym, free parking and our own cafeteria serving a healthy and varied lunch menu.
- Convenient location in Asker – close to Oslo, Drammen and Sandvika.
- Very good opportunities for professional development and competence building through participation in relevant training courses and seminars.
- The workplace will be at TOMRA’s headquarter in Asker, but extensive travel may be required in certain periods.
For further information, please contact Kristian Lennertzen, partner in Capus, phone: +47 916 16 073 or Nathalie Smulders, Researcher in Capus, phone: +47 470 83 841. Please use the URL “Søk på stillingen” to apply for this position.
Direkte til søknad
TOMRA was founded on an innovation in 1972 that began with design, manufacturing and sale of reverse vending machines (RVMs) for automated collection of used beverage containers. Today, TOMRA has ~90,000 installations in over 80 markets worldwide and had total revenues of ~6.6 billion NOK in 2016. The Group employs ~3,500 globally, and is publicly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange. (OSE: TOM). The TOMRA Group continues to innovate and provide cutting-edge solutions for optimal resource productivity within two main business areas: Collection Solutions (reverse vending and material recovery) and Sorting Solutions (recycling, mining and food sorting). For further information about TOMRA, please see www.tomra.com