Norges Bank Investment Management is seeking two dedicated and result-orientated DBA engineers with a fondness for Database Administration to join the Cloud Services department within our Technology and Support area. The Technology and Support area is part of Norges Bank Investment Management Operations and are responsible for our technology platform.
We are currently moving our entire datacenter infrastructure to Public Cloud while taking operational ownership of the IT estate. The main objective of the roles is to ensure the smooth operation of the technical infrastructure upon which our business systems depend, at all stages of the service lifecycle. This will be especially important in the upcoming period, as our business-critical databases needs to be stable while transitioned to the cloud. The roles are placed in our Oslo offices and is a part of our world-wide Cloud Operations team. This requires sound business understanding and close collaboration with system managers, business users and external vendors. There will be many internal changes including new technologies and methods in the period to come. The right candidates for these positions will be motivated by this challenge and will help to develop our future ways of working.
The positions report to the Head of Cloud Services located in Oslo. Some travel will be required.
- Ensuring the availability, performance, scalability and security of systems and databases: performing and automating daily operational tasks
- Working collaboratively with system management, development and other teams to deploy, automate, maintain and operate cloud-based solutions and infrastructure
- Acting as the main technical point of contact for one or more business systems, ensuring the optimal technical platform through their lifecycle
- Troubleshooting and resolving incidents and problems, performing changes
- Investigate SQL queries and stored procedures to identify bottlenecks and performance speed-bumps and present improvements when applicable
- Continuously improving infrastructure platform and service deliveries by automating and streamlining operations and processes
- Identifying improvement areas, planning for and executing improvement activities
The successful applicants will have the following background/skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other equivalent technical discipline, with strong academic records. Long and relevant experience may compensate for formal education
- Experience with public cloud platforms (Primarily AWS, or Azure) is an advantage, but not required
- Proven Database Administration knowledge in MS SQL and Oracle infrastructure as well as other well-known database engines
- Experience with SQL Server Analysis services and any NoSQL products
- Experience with a broad range of automation technologies for activities including infrastructure automation, deployment automation/orchestration and configuration management, e.g. Puppet, Ansible or Octopus
- Hands-on experience in Cloud based services, most notably Database, Compute and Storage, is an advantage, but not required
- Demonstrated system administration experience with Windows and Linux server systems
- Knowledge of DevOps and ITIL practices
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with a high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
- Ambition to excel and high level of integrity
- Eagerness to learn
Norges Bank Investment Management can offer a rewarding, international, fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world’s largest funds. NBIM has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
Contact details: Questions regarding the position may be directed to Partner in Capus, Jonas Rambæk, phone: +47 932 42 133 or Research Analyst in Capus, Kristian Rizi, phone: +47 958 12 625
Deadline for application is Sunday 20th of January. Applications will be processed consecutively.
Tilbake til Ledige stillinger