TOMRA Systems ASA is looking for a Vice President R&D, to head the R&D team of approximately 60 people, organized under 5 technology managers.
This is a unique position for candidates with relevant experience from strategic and operational technology management, leadership of highly qualified resources, combined with business acumen. TOMRA Collection is expecting significant growth in the time to come and the candidate will be responsible for leading R&D in this change. Vice President Research and Development heads the R&D management team, reports to Senior Vice President of Reverse Vending Technology and is a member of the Reverse Vending Technology management team.
Main strategic responsibilities:
- Head innovation management
- Contribute to development of product roadmaps
- Contribute to and communicate technology strategy
- Envision and contribute in technical opportunities with positive business potential
Main operational responsibilities:
- Ensure appropriate competence is available in R&D for current and long-term needs
- Secure efficient allocation of personnel to product realization projects, product maintenance tasks and research
- Ensure new product development is in line with defined system architecture
- Ensure appropriate organization and processes for R&D activities is in place
- Manage relations with development partners and other external contributors
- Ensure IP rights are secured when desired and possible
- MSc degree, preferably in both engineering and business
- Leadership experience with technology management, preferably from an R&D function
- Extensive analytical capabilities and comfortable with establishing business models
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, particularly in English and Norwegian
- Flexible to travel
- Strategic and business oriented with a growth mindset
- Has ability to influence decisions and drive activities
- Feels a desire to improve products and processes
- Has proven leadership skills with the ability to build efficient teams
- Possess ability to make impact, motivate others and execute processes
- Is purpose driven and has an urge to develop sustainable solutions for the environment
- Is visionary and constantly seeks new opportunities
- Professional challenges within a growing, market-leading technology company
- A Great Place to Work: TOMRA was named the fifth best place to work in Norway in 2018. This is the third consecutive time TOMRA has ranked in the top 10 for Great Place to Work.
- Excellent facilities with completely new office areas, modern gym, yoga and other activities, our own healthy restaurant, and free parking.
- Focus on work life balance with family friendly benefits.
- Convenient location in Asker – close to Oslo, Drammen and Sandvika.
- Very good opportunities for professional development and competence building through participation in relevant training courses and seminars.
For further information, please contact Kristian Lennertzen, Partner in Capus (+47 916 16 073) or Nathalie Smulders, Research Manager in Capus (+47 470 83 841). To apply for this position please press "Søk på stillingen" at the top of the ad.
Application deadline: 1st of April 2019.
Tilbake til ledige stillinger